Sinauer Associates interactive ebooks are affordable, convenient, and customizable online versions of our textbooks. Our interactive ebooks offer students substantial savings compared with printed textbooks (40% less), and provide a rich learning experience by taking full advantage of the electronic medium. Each interactive ebook integrates all of the resources from the textbook’s companion website, and adds features unique to the ebook (detailed below). One key strength of the interactive ebook is that it puts all of these resources right at the students’ fingertips as they read the text—making the integration of the media and text seamless.
Interactive ebooks also offer instructors unparalleled flexibility and customization options not possible with any printed textbook. Adopting instructors, using the Notes feature, can truly customize the content of the textbook by adding text, images, Web links, and their own documents to any page of the ebook. This allows virtually unlimited possibilities for adding custom content directly into the textbook, for students to access as they read.
Key features of interactive ebooks:
- Easy access from any Internet-connected computer via a standard Web browser.
- Quick, intuitive navigation to any section or subsection, as well as any printed book page number.
- Integration of all companion website resources, such as activities, quizzes, flashcards, and more.
- In-text links to all glossary entries.
- Easy text highlighting.
- A bookmarking feature that allows for quick reference to any page.
- A powerful Notes feature that allows students or instructors to add notes to any page.
- A full glossary and index.
- Full-text search, including an option to also search the glossary and index.
- Automatic saving of all notes, highlighting, and bookmarks.
Additional features for instructors:
- Instructor Notes: Instructors can choose to create an annotated version of the ebook with their notes on any page. When students in their course log in, they will see the instructor’s annotations as they read the ebook.
- Custom Content: Instructor notes can include text, Web links, images, and even their own documents (Word, PDF, PPT, etc.), allowing instructors to integrate virtually any type of content directly into the ebook.
For more information about our interactive ebooks, click a link on the eBooks directory page, or contact us via the contact page on our website, or by phone at (413) 549-4300.